Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Final Countdown...

Well, here we are...38 weeks (officially "full term") and on the final count down till Baby White decides to make his grand entrance into this world. While our "official" due date is just under 2 weeks away on March 6th, we could be meeting him any day now, or still sitting here 3 weeks from now wondering when he'll arrive. Till then, we're trying to enjoy these last few days of life as just the two of us.

For those of you that don't know, I've been at home now for the last week on "limited activity" due to some high blood pressure issues I was having in weeks 36 and 37. While my blood pressure would easily go down to a normal level as soon as I laid down on my left side, my OB thought it was best to stay at home and spend as much time resting as possible in order to keep my BP low and avoid any additional health concerns for either myself or baby (after all, during a normal day I don't really spend all that much time just laying around). It's been interesting being told to essentially "do nothing" as this is not so much in my nature, but Mike's been super supportive and we've had plenty of family and friends offering to come visit, bring food, etc. so that's been really nice. All in all, we are feeling good and still expecting a healthy baby and delivery sometime soon!

I've posted some pics of our nursery and one belly picture from earlier this week. Mike and I are both wondering just how much more room this little guy could possibly take up inside mom's tummy!

Please keep us in your prayers as we wait for the arrival of our little boy...we're excited that we'll be posting pictures of him for you soon!







3 comments:

tomtilton said...

nice pictures

Christina Barkley said...

Not long now!! You look beautiful in your belly picture, Liz! The momma glow is all over you! The nursery looks very sweet, too. You guys did a nice job. I'm looking forward to hearing about your little man's arrival.
Many Blessings,
Christina

DP said...

Wicked crazy...the crib looks strong...bring on the fun.