Sunday, August 17, 2008

5 months

It seems like we say this with each passing month, but really...5 months already??!? Everyone tells you it will go by quickly and I had no doubt that they were right but still it amazes me how quickly time seems to go. Or maybe it's just that babies grow and change so quickly. I'm surprised that my little baby is already big enough to be doing some of the things that he is.

We borrowed an excersaucer from a friend at the beginning of August and that is now Noah's new hang out. He entertains himself by moving around to each different toy trying to get it in his mouth.



As good as the toys are, I think the feet are almost his favorite thing to grab and try to shove in his mouth.
Our big boy is on the verge of sitting up on his own. As you can see, he's able to pull it off for very short periods of time (long enough for Mommy to snap a few pictures). He does really well just sitting in front of one of us. But definitely still needs help balancing. But he can put his hands down in front of him and stay put for a little bit. He'll have it down in no time.


Wrestling with a teddy bear...


He's also finally mastered the art of rolling over. Last week on the 7th (his 5 month birthday), I put him down on his tummy and he immediately flipped to his back. Tummy time is now a concept of the past...now that he's really gotten the hang of rolling over, as soon as you put him on his stomach he flips over. In fact sometimes it's almost as if he's trying to start turning himself before you even get him all the way down. It's pretty funny. We've gotten some video I just need to figure out how to get it online now.

He's also showing huge interest in eating and drinking lately. Last weekend we were at a shrimp boil with our small group and I had him on my lap while I was trying to eat. Everytime I brought something to my mouth he tried to grab it out of my hand. Finally I let him try my cup of water. With my help he put it up to his mouth and then stuck his tongue in a few times. I think the cold surprised him. Now he just plays with empty plastic cups at home until we are ready to give him some of his own food. He's definitely showing signs of being ready to start solids now so I think we'll start that adventure sometime very soon. It seems like just yesterday I felt like I would be nursing him forever so it's hard to believe he's ready for something new already. I'm excited to see how he'll do...stay tuned!

No comments: