Saturday, February 28, 2009
Walking!
Noah is finally walking!! I mean real walking...as in he lets go and takes 4-5 steps at a time. Sometimes more! We've been going through this progession over the last month where he was getting more and more daring. He'd pull up and cruise around hanging on to things then he'd gauge his distance between things (like the couch and coffee table) and reach and take 1/2 step or maybe even 1 step between them without holding on. He'd stand alone for a few secs and we'd think he was about to take a few steps, then he'd drop back down and crawl. But finally, last night he did it! Mike was upstairs with him in his bedroom getting him ready for his bath. It was Friday so we'd been off together all day and had been trying to lure him with things like our cell phones, the remote control, etc to walk to us with no success. I'd been convinced he was going to walk before his first birthday, but we only had a week left and I was starting to think he wasn't going to make it. But I guess he finally just made up his mind! They weren't doing anything in particular, but Noah just all of a sudden let go of the foot rest for our glider and took 4-5 steps toward Mike and his bookshelf. And he's been doing it ever since! Little stinker-like everything else, he's just going to do things in his own time on his own terms. I'm already starting to worry about the teenage years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment