Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kristi and Casey's Wedding!

My sister is a married woman! Kristi and Casey Zimmerman were married Saturday June 27th in College Station. The wedding was beautiful! Kristi was of course a gorgeous bride. I had the honor of being one of the matron's of honor and standing by her side during the ceremony. I loved being able to watch Casey's face as Kristi and my Dad walked down the aisle and as he said his vows to my sister. What a blessing to know my sister is loved by such a great guy!!

We also had the honor of having Noah as the ring bearer for the wedding. We were super anxious about how he was going to do and up until the last second we didn't think he was going to pull it off...but he did! He was way overstimulated all weekend and not acting like himself at all...not sleeping well, whiny and clingy...you get the picture. Immediately before the ceremony we were all standing at the back of the church and he was fussy and upset. He was supposed to walk in with Kennedy, the flower girl, Casey's 3 year old neice. She kept trying to hold his hand but he wanted none of that. He also refused to hold his pillow. Every time we handed it to him he would just throw it down. But we did discover he liked the flower petals Kennedy had in her basket. So we thought maybe he'd just help with those. Well, amazingly enough he started down the aisle next to Kennedy (not holding her hand though) but as soon as the petals fell on the floor he said "Oh!!" and sat right down on the floor in the middle of the aisle and started picking up the petals. In a stroke of brilliance, Mike picked up his cell phone (Noah had been holding it but dropped it when he stopped to pick up the flowers) and gave it to Noah and told him "Go get Mommy" (I was the last bridesmaid in and so I was just a little ahead of him and he could see me at the front of the church). So my big boy actually took off down the long aisle all by himself, waving Daddy's cell phone, and made it all the way to the front of the church. When he got there he put the cell phone up to his ear and made his "ha-oo" sound. It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I was laughing and crying at the same time and was sooo proud of him!!

The whole weekend was great but went by in such a blur! A HUGE THANK YOU is owed to my wonderful husband who took care of Noah most of the weekend by himself so I could be there for my sister. I had a blast and am so so thankful that I got to be a part of things. It was wonderful to get to see so many friends and family members in the same place at the same time...my only complaint is that it went by so fast and I wish I could've had more time to really talk with everyone.

We are still waiting on the professional pictures from the photographer but I had to get some stuff up now because everyone just looked so great I couldn't wait!! More to come later.

The beautiful bride Getting ready


Bridesmaids putting finishing touches on each other

Bridesmaids
Kelly (Maid of Honor), Angela (Matron of Honor), me (Matron of Honor), Casi (Bridesmaid), Ashley (Bridesmaid)
Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Casey Zimmerman!!
My handsome boys after the ceremony
The happy couple

I gave a toast. Everyone said it went well. I think I said most of the things that I wanted to. Funny thing is that I've made fun of Kristi for the last 6 years because she almost spilled her champagne during her toast at our wedding. Well, in the first few seconds I must not have beenvery still and felt wine drip down onto my foot. I guess that's what I get for giving her a hard time all these years...it's harder than it looks!
Dad and Kristi danced to a slow version of "Brown Eyed Girl". She was laughing and crying the whole time. So fun to watch them together!

My handsome boys again
Mike and Noah with Bill, long time family friend
Grandmother, Aunt Mattie, and Aunt Georgie. What a blessing that they were all able to be there for the big day!
We were in serious discussion about something...who knows what.
Thomas (my brother) and Brittney-such a cute couple!
The Varners-long time family friends
Casey showin' off his moves. I was impressed!
I have such good looking siblings!
Our proud parents
Brother and Sister
Noah was sooo handsome in his little suit!
The Tilton (Zimmerman and White) Ladies
Sisters
Big hug at the end of the night- I LOVE YOU SISTER!!
Making their grand exit
In their limo getting ready to leave. Perfect ending to the perfect wedding day!

Congrats Kristi and Casey. We love you both and couldn't be happier for you!! We look forward to making so many wonderful family memories with you in the future. May God richly bless you as you start your new lives together!
These are a few pictures from the rehearsal. I love how the pictures of Noah demonstrate his true feelings on the situation. Notice how he's pulling away from Kennedy as she's trying to hold onto his arm. That's a classic Noah move-he usually doesn't like to have his hand held-Mr. Independent!!
Then there's the arching of the back with Mike. This is another classic Noah move that is usually followed by a stiffening of the body as he tries to slip out of your hold.
At the rehearsal dinner...we pretty much let him do whatever he wanted as long as he was happy and somewhat quiet. It was way past his bed time and he hadn't napped well so we were expecting major melt down. But he made it through the night. Unfortunately we left behind probably a 5 foot diameter of food debris around his high chair. He's usually pretty messy but this night he was putting food (mostly french fries and fruit loops) in this empty box and then shaking it. He thought it was hilarious and since we were in a room full of family and friends and he was happy, we just let him enjoy himself. Silly boy.

No comments: