Friday, January 1, 2010
Cupcakes
Noah and I made cupcakes together in preparation of celebrating Jesus's birthday. This was our "Happy Birtday Jesus" cake (or cupcakes) that we decided to start as a yearly Christmas tradition. This was probably one of my favorite things we did during the whole season. Granted we were a little more (maybe a lot more) messy that I would have been by myself but I really loved having Noah participate in the cooking with me. This was really his first "real" cooking experience and he loved it too! His job was to put the cupcake liners in the tray and then put the sprinkles on the cupcakes. He helped me dump out the mix (yes, we made it from a box) and stir some too. He didn't quite get the concept of not touching the sprinkles canister to the top of the cupcakes but hey, he's learning. We also made some chocolate covered pretzels which he helped drop in the chocolate and then sprinkle also. So much fun! And even if they weren't as neat and pretty, the finished products tasted great and I love that we got to enjoy doing something so special together! Just the start of many more memories like this I'm sure. Hard to believe my baby is growing into such a big boy!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment