We had Buzz Lighyear and a cute little Ladybug at our house for Halloween this year. It was actually a close call for Noah between Buzz and a Dinosaur costume (as dinos are now the newest obsession). However, when I found this jetpack/wings piece for his costume, that won him over!
We were able to gather with neighborhood friends again this year for some party/playtime before trick or treating. We were at the Rotz's this year as the Smiths were busy getting Caleb well in Cincinnati. Bea's mom and the girls went over to the Halloween party with us so it was great that they got to come along too. The kids had a great time together, as always.
The roll call this year included our Buzz and Ladybug; Ava and Elle both as Belle; Ella as Ariel; Nathan as a pirate; Bo as Spiderman; and Cam as a Spider (we also had a Care Bear who was new to the group and I'm so sorry to say I can't remember her name).
Emily actually made it though the whole party (thanks to a brief nap) and most of the trick or treating. Mike took Noah and the girls to finish up after I took Em home. Once I got her ready for bed she and I sat outside and she snoozed while I handed out candy to the trick or treaters that came to our house. All in all a very fun night!
Elle and Noah and Grandma Canas (Bea's mom)
Noah and Ava
Whoa there Daddy, is this swing going to hold us?
"Aaavvvaa! Come up here!!!"
Ava and Bo
Getting sleepy...
All passed out
With a second wind after a brief nap--ready to join the trick or treating fun!
Nathan, Ava, Ella (inside the tunnel), Noah
This crew is ready to go!
Really, we're ready! Someone open the door!
This was the best group picture I could get
Ava and Elle-sisterly love
This was the only "action" photo as we started trick or treating. As the kids were all a little older this year, they seemed to have less anxiety about approaching the doors for trick or treating. Once we got started the older ones wanted to run right up, get their candy, then take off for the next house. It was a bit much trying to control everyone this year. Our neighborhood is sort of a hot spot on Halloween so it was really crowded and hard to keep up with our kids so the camera was quickly put away in light of keeping them safe. As always though, it's great to watch their faces light up when they receive their treats. And Noah did end up with a huge bucket of loot. Guess Mommy and Daddy will have to help him with some of that since we don't want him to have all that sugar! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment