Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Half Birthday Emily!


Happy Half Birthday to You, Happy Half Birthday to You, Happy Half Birthday dear Emily, Happy Half Birthday to You!

Yep, Noah and I sang to you on your half birthday (Daddy was still in Chicago).  6 months baby girl!  You are getting to be such a big girl (in both size and development!).

17 lbs 9 oz and 26.6 inches--both in the 75th percentile.  Your head size is between 50-75th percentile.  You're still hitting all your milestones.  We're waiting for you to babble but for now enjoy hearing all your goos, coos, oohs, ahh, and lots of raspberries.  And the giggles--you laugh more and more.  I think it's my favorite sound!

The first day of your 6th month you finally rolled over from your back to your belly and you haven't stopped since.  In fact, now it seems like you've forgotten how to roll from your belly to your back.  You almost immediately roll over when we put you down on your back and then just lay there on your belly and get mad.  I can't figure out if you don't like being on your belly and can't get back over or if you are mad because you want to be on your belly but want to be moving.  If only we could peek into that little brain of yours. 

Lots of other big developments this month too--you started sleeping all the way through the night consistently(whoo hoo!!).  You go to bed between 6-7pm, I feed you before I go to bed around 10-11 and then you sleep till 6 or 7 in the morning.  Way to go!  I've been waiting for this one since July! You also started sitting up on your own--first just leaning over with your hands in front but have quickly moved to being able to balance ok on your own for more and more.  Still not ready to just be left alone sitting up (you topple easily) but you're getting better and better.

You also started some solid foods this month.  So far we've just done brown rice cereal, oatmeal, and banannas but you're doing well.  For weeks leading up to this you would stare intently and even try to grab at anything I was eating or drinking so by 5 1/2 months I decided it was time to let you give it a try.  I've already made some squash and sweet potatoes for you and hope to be able to continue to make at least some of your foods at home for you (just like I did for big brother!).

We've had some fun things too--of course this month included some big holidays and lots of family time.  It was great to have all the Tiltons and Whites together for your first Christmas.  We spent your first New Year's with the Smiths--you and Caleb stared at each other and weren't disturbed by the fireworks the Daddies and big kids set off at all.  (In fact the big kids were more scared than you!).  You spent some time with the Smiths too so we could go to a wedding and had your first time in the church nursery on Jan 1 when Daddy preached and then again on the 22nd when he was out of town.  We'll look to do more and more of this I think. 

You amaze us with new things almost every day it seems!  Happy Half Birthday little one!  Can't wait to see what this next half year brings!

And since I always have a hard time picking just one monthly photo, here are several to enjoy!







No comments: