Thanks to my wonderful husband and kids for a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
We went to Chez-Zee for brunch on Saturday. We don't do brunch often but this has become somewhat of a Mother's Day tradition for us--3 out of the last 4 years. I look forward to it every year! Since Sundays are full with church, we always go on Saturday which also means I get to stretch out the pampering for 2 days. This certainly works in my favor!
Sunday evening Mike grilled steaks for us and I loved just sitting outside snuggling with Emily on a blanket, watching Noah play and Mike grill. After dinner and Emily was put to bed the boys gave me a special treat. A bubble bath with chocolate and champagne!
Noah couldn't quite get over the fact that I got to enjoy a bubble bath in the big garden tub all by myself with treats. He kept asking when he would get to do that. We tried to explain the concept of Mother's Day but that didn't go very far with his 4 year old mind. He wanted to know when it would be his Mother's Day? I explained that he is not a Mommy so he wouldn't have a Mother's Day. His response: "Well, when will it be Brother's Day?" That's right--he made up a new holiday! Don't let the people at Hallmark know because I could see this one gaining popularity!
I do so love how his little mind works. He did get a special bubble bath in the big tub later that week though it was without food or drink in the tub (this was met with some resistance). He also wanted to know if I was going to have to be quiet and not disturb him during his bath since this was the rule that was in place for him during my bathtime. Love my silly boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment