Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Noah!

Noah is one!!

We celebrated his first birthday on Saturday March 7th. Sometimes I can't believe it's already been a year--it seems like it went by so fast! But to look back and see how much he's changed in just this one year, it's amazing that babies grow and develop so much in just the span of a year! We've had so much fun getting to know Noah this past year and watching him grow from a helpless little infant into a funny, strong, opinionated, active little boy! What a blessing he's been already in our lives! I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

We celebrated with a small gathering of family at our condo in Austin. We had cake and presents for Noah. He was actually sort of interested in his presents this time (as opposed to Christmas when he just wanted to climb on the boxes) although he definitely had more fun with them once they were open...he still doesn't get the ripping paper off bit. After we played and celebrated with him in the afternoon, the grown ups celebrated the fact that we also survived our first year of parenthood with beer and fajitas! All in all it was a fun day!

Hanging out before the party having fun with the balloons
He loved the balloons!
Party time!
All dressed in his birthday outfit and cute little birthday hat getting ready to open presents
Practicing his new skill of walking
Opening (and crawling on ) presents
Noah loves doggies and he got two new stuffed doggies from Kristi and Casey-they're so cute...replicas of their dogs Nobs and Sam. I think he has a total of 5 stuffed dogs now!
Nobs is the border collie (in Noah's hand) and Sam is the pug (on th e floor)
Getting to know his new ride on toy from Grandma and Granddad.
It has a phone on it, whenever I would say "Hello" Noah would hold it up to his ear and try to say "hello" except it just sounded like "ha-oo". It was still really cute! How do I make this thing go?
Cake time!! Hmmm...not so sure if he likes it
He tried the cake but didn't seem to be too interested in it. I was suprised because the few times we've given him something sweet before this, he devoured it (he inherited the White sweet tooth I think). But he seemed like he could live without the cake. He did, however, manage to smear icing all over his face like any one year old should!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! The pictures are great. I cannot believe its been a year. He is so big!!