We went to Angleton this weekend to visit my parents and grandmother and while we were there, Noah got his first hair cut. He's needed one for a long time. His hair was all wispy and hanging over his ears and curling up and pretty unruly in the back. But we've been avoiding it because I couldn't figure out how to make him hold still for it. I was afraid he'd be really upset being forced to hold still (he hates when he has to get ear drops or eye drops and hates having shirts put over his head and despises getting washed up after eating) and would move and cause the scissors to cut his ear or something. Mike thought maybe the clippers we use to cut his hair would work but I was afraid they would be too loud and scare him. And so, we just put it off.
My mom regularly cuts other family members' hair and so while we were there, we decided to let her have a shot. He was already sitting in his high chair and we figured worst case scenario, we'd have to do it in bits over the weekend. Man we were wrong. He was a champ!! He didn't sit very still, but mom was good at moving around and snipping when and where she could. He barely even seemed to notice. It probably helped that Mike was giving him chocolate during the whole process. I was so proud of Noah! He's getting to be such a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment