I mentioned in an earlier post that Noah was really have some trouble with allergies lately, specifically some allergic conjunctivits. We've been giving him oral allergy meds and antihistamine eye drops and had seen great improvement. We've been careful about the amount of time we spent outside but slipped up on Friday some. We spent about an hour in the back yard. Noah played in his sand table while Mike and I attacked the jungle of weeds that is our backyard. At one point Noah got some sand in his eye and we washed it out. He rubbed it some and it was definitely more red than the other one, but nothing significant.
This is how he woke up Saturday morning:
Poor baby had one eye that was almost swollen shut and another that didn't look much better. Luckily we already knew he was having problems, I've had similar issues in the past, and have seen/heard of kids with "allergic shiners" (basically allergies that make them look like they have swollen black eyes). But I totally didn't expect him to be that bad that morning so it was still quite a shock.
Thankfully it didn't seem to bother him much, and after loading him up on some more antihistamines they progressively improved throughout the day and looked almost normal by the evening.
This was probably about 2 hours after being awake. You can already tell he's getting better.
Aside from just feeling bad for my poor swollen boy, I was disappointed that he didn't get to enjoy being outside the rest of the weekend. We had planned to go take pictures in the bluebonnets Saturday morning and spend the afternoon working in the yard. No bluebonnets. And Mike and I worked outside while Noah was asleep and then rotated once he got up. It was so beautiful I was sad Noah didn't get to enjoy it with us.Pollen--GO AWAY! I love the beautiful trees and flowers but I don't appreciate what it's doing to my beautiful boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment