As it goes with a toddler sometimes, Easter weekend didn't go quite as we had expected it to. Noah woke up Friday morning with one really red eye. Fearing he had pink eye, I started antbiotic drops that would make him not contagious after 24 hours hoping we'd get through the weekend, knowing that there was no chance I'd stay cooped up at home with him and miss Easter worship. We tried to get him to sit thru Good Friday service quietly with us since I didn't want him in the nursery around other kids but also didn't want to miss that powerful service leading up to Easter. It didn't work. Usually we can keep him sort of quiet, but he was determined to be heard. And we were "those parents", continually shushing him probably being more distracting than he was. Finally after louldy pointing out Toodles in his Mickey Mouse book during a very quiet part of the service, it was time to take him home. I was disappointed to say the least. Thankfully after talking things through on Saturday, Mike and I saw how Satan could really use that to taint and take away from the joy of Easter and I felt better after that.
We worshipped at PoG Sunday morning and Thomas and Brittany joined us. Noah's eyes were still looking pretty bad so he was with us or in the office with Mike most of the time. He did go up on stage with the other kids for Rock Time for the first time. This is the children's sermon portion of the service. Traditionally one child is given "The Box" to take home and bring something back (can't be living or recently living) and Pastor makes his children's message based on the item. It's actually pretty cool. And the kids love it. This week all the kids got a watch and of course heard the Easter message of new life through Jesus. Noah was very proud of his watch. I also told him before worship that he needed to be quiet during church whenever Pastor Delton was talking and if he could be quiet he would get a treat at home. He did pretty well the time he was in there. He kept talking about "Pastor Delton talking" and even a couple days later when I say to be quiet he asked if Pastor Delton was talking.
I loved the hope-full message from Sunday. As Christ followers, we are not hopeful because of what we hope for but because of who we hope in. Delton talked about responding with "Hope-Full" when someone asks us how we are doing. Why? Because good things are happening in our life? No-becuase despite what is happening in our life, good or bad, we know that Jesus lives and we put our hope in Him!
Since Mike had to be at all three services and was therefore at church from 630 am till after 1pm we waited to have our Easter Egg hunt with Noah at home until after naptime in the afternoon. Eggs were hidden for him in the living room, office, and his room and he had one special basket hidden with other goodies in it. He did a great job, finding almost everything all on his own.
You can see from some of the pictures that Noah's eyes were still red and puffy on Sunday. We found out later that he wasn't infectious at all and was instead having really bad allergic conjunctivis. Poor boy. Thankfully it didn't seem to bother him much, he just looked bad. I missed getting a picture of all of us in our Easter clothes. Noah didn't want to sit still long enough at church. That's the way it goes sometimes though. We did have a wonderful afternoon together as a family and even though the weekend wasn't exactly like I'd planned, I'm still Hope-Full because we know that Jesus is alive! Happy Easter!
Hunting eggs in the living room














No comments:
Post a Comment